“Am I still a virgin if….” .pdf
Students continue to ask parents if oral and anal sex
are sex. They ask if someone is still a virgin if they have
experienced every form of sexual contact except vaginal intercourse.
Parents can answer, “It depends on how you define the
word ‘virgin’.” Then look up the meanings
for the word “virgin” in the dictionary. Then
- “Are you a “techno-vaginal virgin?”
- “Are you a REAL virgin, chaste, pure, unused, unsullied,
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English
1. A person who has not experienced sexual
2. A chaste or unmarried woman; a maiden.
NO 3. An unmarried woman who has taken religious
vows of chastity.
UN: 4. Virgin The Virgin Mary.
5. Zoology A female insect or other arthropod
that produces fertile eggs without copulating.
1. Of, relating to, or being a virgin; chaste.
AD 2. Being in a pure or natural state; unsullied:
JEC 3. Unused, uncultivated, or unexplored:
TIV 4. Existing in native or raw form; not
processed or refined.
E: 5. Happening for the first time; initial.
6. Obtained directly from the first pressing:
virgin olive oil.
7. Zoology Producing fertile eggs without
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
Main Entry: 2virgin
1 : free of impurity or stain : UNSULLIED
2 : CHASTE
3 : characteristic of or befitting a virgin
4 : FRESH, UNSPOILED; specifically
: not altered by human activity <a virgin forest>
5 a (1) : being used or worked for the first
time (2) of a metal : produced directly from ore by primary
smelting b : INITIAL, FIRST
Mary Lee O’Connell, CRNP - 8/04