How Do I Learn to Love? .pdf >>
- Try to integrate my sexuality with the Spiritual, Physical,
Intellectual, Creative, and Emotional aspects of my personality.
[Notice how the first letters of those aspects spell SPICE.]
- Make opposite sex friends who respect our true worth.
- Find movies, music, books, magazines, TV, videos, and
internet sites that show respect for sexuality? Do they
have stories and heroes that encourage goodness and respect
God’s plan for sex, marriage, and relationships.
- Avoid sexual put downs, and crude jokes, language, stories,
- Let the way I look, move, and act ask others to get to
know me as a total person (SPICE) not just notice the physical
parts of who I am.
- Make friends who will support my decision to abstain from
sex until marriage.
- Pray for God’s grace to help me, my friends, and
my family follow God’s plan for sexuality.
- Ask forgiveness from others when I hurt them.
- Try every day to be a Christ-like, loving person. Treat
my family, friends, classmates,
teachers, and all those I come in contact with as I would
like to be treated.
Adapted from “How Am I Doing Practicing Chastity?”
Family Honor, Inc. © 1999
Mary Lee O’Connell, CRNP - 8/04 ©